A BIG THANK YOU to Alicia Galantic from healthingyou.com for these three scrumptious recipes. These recipes are big on taste, health and compassion – so get cooking and feel GREAT about it!
Thanks Alicia. ?
Black Bean Broccoli Burger
- 2 cans of Unsalted Black Beans
- ½ of an Onion
- ½ of an Red Pepper
- 1 cup of Broccoli
- 3 tbsp. of Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup of Oat Flour
- 1 tbsp. of Vinegar
- 4 tbsp. of Garlic Powder
- 4 tbsp. of Cajun Pepper
- 1 tbsp. of Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. of Spicy Mustard
- 1 egg replacement
- 1 tbsp. of Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place the beans in a bowl and mash thoroughly or blend lightly
- Dice the onion, broccoli, red pepper and place in bowl with beans (set aside)
- Place the egg replacement, vinegar, mustard in bowl and stir thoroughly (wet mixture)
- Mix the wet mixture with the beans until it comes very moist.
- Blend the raw oats until it becomes a flour and stir in a bowl with the seasonings
- Next, mix the dry mixture into the bowl with the beans.
- Place the coconut oil on a pan and spread evenly
- Form the burgers into flat circles (size of your fist)
- Bake for 15 minutes and turn on other side, bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Note: these are extremely good on a whole wheat or gluten free bagel.. toast the bagel until golden. Melt the cheese on one side and place 1 tbsp. of vegenaise on other, followed by all your favorite toppings! I left this open because there’s a wide range of options to satisfy everyones needs.
Raisin Nut Energy Bars
- 2 cups of Raisins
- 3 tbsp. of Nut Butter
- ½ cup of Almonds
- 4 tbsp. of Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup of Coconut
- ½ cup of Pecans
- ½ cup of Sunflower Seeds
- Blend the raisins in food processor or high speed blender until smooth (may have to add some water)
- Scoop the raisin butter in bowl and add the nut butter, nuts, seeds, and coconut
- Place Parchment Paper on top of pan and form squares out of the mixture
- Add extra coconut on top of the bars and place in freezer for 3-4 hours
Carrot Banana Bread Sticks
- 3 Bananas (the more ripe, the better)
- ? cup of Carrots Blended in Liquid
- 3 to 4 Raw Baby Carrots to be Shredded
- 2 tbsp. of Organic Apple Sauce
- 1 cup of Brown Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp. of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. of Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp. of Cinnamon
- ¼ cup of Stevia Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray non-stick spray in 8×8 baking dish
- Place carrots with little water in high speed blender/processor until liquid
- Mash bananas with applesauce and blend with carrot juice to form the wet ingredients
- In separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients such as brown rice, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- Take the raw baby carrots and shred small pieces within the dry ingredients
- Blend the wet and dry together until mostly smooth
- Pour the batter in the baking dish and cook for 50-55 minutes
Oh wow, a really YUMMY looking soup has just been put up on “Sprout” – a cool little vegan cooking blog I’ve been following of late. (Hi Jen!)
I know my readers would love to give this one a go. It looks divine doesn’t it?
CLICK HERE for the recipe.
We ate ours before I remembered to take a photo - so this pic is "borrowed" from VegWeb
I just tried another BRILLIANT recipe from www.vegweb.com. It was extremely tasty and hearty – I tweaked the recipe just a tiny bit and the results were very nice indeed! Check out the recipe at http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6143.new
Oh and here are my recipe “tweaks” – just in case you want to replicate my efforts. 🙂
I used a tin of 4 bean mix which contained Kidney Beans, Butter Beans, Lima Beans & Chickpeas
I added a few small carrots (sliced)
I added season all salt mix (to taste)
When I layed the pie mix into the casserole dish, I dusted the top with white pepper before adding the breadcrumbs and vegan cheese.
Results were sooo good – full of flavour and really hearty. Thanks again Forks High!!
via Animalactionist’s Blog | Bean & Sweet Potato Chilli Hot-Pot.
I just concocted this delicious green smoothie so I thought I’d quickly type up the recipe for you all to try and enjoy. This smoothie is quite sweet and tastes just like a banana thick shake (although you can make it thinner with extra milk or water). If you don’t like your drinks too sweet, maybe skip the dates and taste test it… if not sweet enough add them in one at a time till you’ve got the sweetness you like.
1.5 generous handfuls of baby spinach (fresh or frozen)
1 medium banana (fresh or frozen – well ripe is best)
10 raw cashews
1.5 tablespoons flax meal (ground up linseed – this ingredient is optional)
2/3 cup soy milk (or more if you want)
2 inch slice of fresh pineapple (skin and core removed)
3 raw dates (pips removed)
1/3 cup water (or more – to achieve desired thickness)
1 tbsp muesli mix
In a high powered blender place all ingredients (except water and dates) and blend until smooth – there should be no fibrous “bits”
If consistency is too thick, add the water until you achieve the thickness you like. (you can opt to add more soy milk if you prefer). Taste test.. is it sweet enough? If not, add the dates until you’re happy with the flavour.
Pour into glass, sprinkle spoon full of muesli on top, and drink. YUM YUM.
- This recipe provides you with a good dose of greens (calcium, vitamin K), lots of fibre (because you blended the whole fruits and veg right into the drink), omega 3 (from the flaxmeal) and heaps of vitamins, healthy fats and minerals. Now you’re ready to face the day!
Hi I'm Jewel - Could You Love Me?
The latest Action Alert has 7 animals needing our help – including a pony foal, 2 cats, 2 rabbits & 2 dogs! Please read their stories and help them if you can – if you can’t adopt yourself please let others know about these animals, you may have a friend who would love to save a critter?
Apart from the adorable animals, there is loads of information and links in this edition too – including an interview, book review, pet products & services, charities & incentives, online petitions, a cruelty free product review and a recipe! What more could any self proclaimed animal loving, enviro aware, intelligent & caring consumer ask for??
I hope you enjoy the read – if you haven’t already clicked the links above – please CLICK HERE to view the Alert.
PS: I would LOVE to read your feedback, good or bad! Please post your comments here – I would really like to know what my readers want and expect and am ALWAYS looking for ways to improve. I hope to hear from you soon!
Love and thanks – from me & the critters xx
I made some DE-LISH-OUS vege burgers tonight which I found on www.vegweb.com. You can find the recipe here http://wp.me/PDqvM-3v or just click on the recipe tab at the top of this site or on the left side bar. These patties turned out SO WELL and are a favourite with the hubby, and my mum – so they MUST be good!!
When you adopt an animal, you have to wonder - Who's saving Who?
This weeks Alert has 4 cats, 1 dog and 1 horse that are desperately needing forever homes. Plus the Cat Haven is calling out for help with Foster Carers for their adult cats – its easy to do and they provide everything so please consider helping out.
Apart from the lovely animals, there’s loads more in this Alert – competitions to enter, a volunteer job vacancy, armchair activism, delicious biscuit recipe, info on global warming, cruelty free retailers and more – so sit back and enjoy the read.
Oh and please don’t forget to share the Alert with your friends, and invite them to subscribe – the more people we have on our mailing list, the more chances the animals have of being rescued.
Thanks for everything you do for the animals – Click here: http://ow.ly/13lYN to view the Alert.
You have no doubt read about this amazing BETTER THAN CHEESECAKE recipe I made on World Vegan Day – well due to overwhelming demand, I have posted the recipe for you to enjoy. To see more delicious vegan recipies, click on the Recipes tab at the top of this page or on the left hand column.
Just wanted to blog quickly to mention our great success in celebrating World Vegan Day. We invited 7 wonderful people to wine & dine with us, to meet the animals, to hear their stories and to share the beautiful vibe of peace and tranquility we enjoy every day here at Willow Springs.
Our group was a small assembly of diverse individuals who eat differing diets but share a common interest in good food, the plight of animals, the environment and our health. Meeting the animals (some pets – some rescues – all loved) and dining on authentically cruelty free, healthy and environmentally friendly cuisine was symbolic of our shared concerns.
The vegan dining experience went incredibly well, we were so happy to see everyone enjoy their meals (most reaching for seconds!) and requests for recipes at the end. The menu was as follows;
Chickpea, lentil & barley shepherds pie with cheezy breaded crust; served with tomato & zucchini salsa and blackened brussell sprouts.
Jiffy’s Mongrels (caramel banana tarts with cashew cream – thanks so much Geoff & Ramona!) and Better Than Cheesecake (raw vegan cheesecake with raspberry sauce). See the droolworthy photo!
The food was delicious, the company was top quality and the focus of the day – Veganism – was inspiring. What an AWESOME day!
HAPPY WORLD VEGAN DAY!