A BIG THANK YOU to Alicia Galantic from healthingyou.com for these three scrumptious recipes. These recipes are big on taste, health and compassion – so get cooking and feel GREAT about it!
Thanks Alicia. ?
Black Bean Broccoli Burger
- 2 cans of Unsalted Black Beans
- ½ of an Onion
- ½ of an Red Pepper
- 1 cup of Broccoli
- 3 tbsp. of Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup of Oat Flour
- 1 tbsp. of Vinegar
- 4 tbsp. of Garlic Powder
- 4 tbsp. of Cajun Pepper
- 1 tbsp. of Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. of Spicy Mustard
- 1 egg replacement
- 1 tbsp. of Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place the beans in a bowl and mash thoroughly or blend lightly
- Dice the onion, broccoli, red pepper and place in bowl with beans (set aside)
- Place the egg replacement, vinegar, mustard in bowl and stir thoroughly (wet mixture)
- Mix the wet mixture with the beans until it comes very moist.
- Blend the raw oats until it becomes a flour and stir in a bowl with the seasonings
- Next, mix the dry mixture into the bowl with the beans.
- Place the coconut oil on a pan and spread evenly
- Form the burgers into flat circles (size of your fist)
- Bake for 15 minutes and turn on other side, bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Note: these are extremely good on a whole wheat or gluten free bagel.. toast the bagel until golden. Melt the cheese on one side and place 1 tbsp. of vegenaise on other, followed by all your favorite toppings! I left this open because there’s a wide range of options to satisfy everyones needs.
Raisin Nut Energy Bars
- 2 cups of Raisins
- 3 tbsp. of Nut Butter
- ½ cup of Almonds
- 4 tbsp. of Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup of Coconut
- ½ cup of Pecans
- ½ cup of Sunflower Seeds
- Blend the raisins in food processor or high speed blender until smooth (may have to add some water)
- Scoop the raisin butter in bowl and add the nut butter, nuts, seeds, and coconut
- Place Parchment Paper on top of pan and form squares out of the mixture
- Add extra coconut on top of the bars and place in freezer for 3-4 hours
Carrot Banana Bread Sticks
- 3 Bananas (the more ripe, the better)
- ? cup of Carrots Blended in Liquid
- 3 to 4 Raw Baby Carrots to be Shredded
- 2 tbsp. of Organic Apple Sauce
- 1 cup of Brown Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp. of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. of Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp. of Cinnamon
- ¼ cup of Stevia Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray non-stick spray in 8×8 baking dish
- Place carrots with little water in high speed blender/processor until liquid
- Mash bananas with applesauce and blend with carrot juice to form the wet ingredients
- In separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients such as brown rice, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- Take the raw baby carrots and shred small pieces within the dry ingredients
- Blend the wet and dry together until mostly smooth
- Pour the batter in the baking dish and cook for 50-55 minutes